3.26.2008

Three...Two...One...

The count down has begun. I have three days until the Olathe Marathon. Am I ready? Hmmm...sure. Do I feel GREAT about it...no. Will I be able to suck it up and do it? YES-of course! Will I make excuses? NO! What the heck goes through people's minds when all they do is make excuses for something they claim they want to do? Do they not think we are smart enough to see straight through them? I may be left-handed but...If you don't want to take the time, dedication, blood, sweat and tears it takes-don't do it-that is fine. I will not judge you but what I get so tired of is people making excuses for crap they have control over...buck up and train and if you can't handle the training-stop setting yourself up for failure-go ahead and quit and save me the hassle of hearing your lame excuses.

Whew...I will step down off the soap box now. More about Marathon Number 11. This will be my first marathon in my home state of Kansas. I find that funny, as this will be my 11th marathon and until now, I haven't tackled Kansas. It'll be nice to get a good night's sleep in our own bed the night before the race. I am very excited about that. It feels like forever since my last marathon in January but it's really only been about two and a half months since Disney.


After Olathe comes the St. Louis Half Marathon that I'm running with my best friend Karen. It should be a lot of fun. That I can't wait for. She has made so much progress in the past year-she truly amazes me! Then the list continues on...and...on. I am very excited about this upcoming year and the races that are planned. The year has already started off great and it's only going to get better!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your blog! and yes I am totally with you on on people with their lame-ass excuses... ...except for when the lame-ass excuses are mine - I think those should be allowable - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Because those are legit!

    ReplyDelete