1.01.2012

A New Year

What better way is there to ring in the New Year than with great friends and the love of your life? How about meandering home early after the New Year rings in to grab a couple hours of Zzz's in order to wake up to a beautiful, sunny, 39 degree morning.
To. Go. For. A. Run.
Very refreshing.
A cleanse.
Exactly what this girl needed to start anew.

I've always thought it was somewhat hokey to 'start fresh' on New Year's. Why not have started it last week or a month ago? Well...for whatever reason, I haven't been able to get my booty in gear for running. I think about it every day. Every day. But didn't have the 'umph' to get myself out the door. I am praying, after today's run, that has changed.

Waking up to the sun shining. Doug by my side. The two pups sprawled all over our king size bed, obviously needing more room, made me smile as I crawled out from under the covers, feeling excitement and ready to start the day. A new year.
The parking lot is packed as we pull in to the parking lot for the New Year's Run. How fun! There were over 250 people out to run this morning...the die hards, mom's with their strollers, the peeps you see at every race you attend, new faces, families and friends. Along with the sun beaming down, warming my face, seeing everyone out today warmed my heart.

Everyone takes off to travel their own distance at their own pace. This isn't a race, just a fun run. Laughter and chatter fill the sun kissed air. The smiles, head nods, hello's, the sweat, the burn, the sun...makes me crave another mile.
I love this.
I love this.
I really love this.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Here's to a fabulous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does a new year also mean a rejuvenated blog?

    Happy 2012 to you and Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes a fun run full of laughter and friendship is more of what you need than a race to rejuvenate. Happy 2012~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Let's get that 2012 completed events packed up!!! I only did 1 mile NYD, was still sleepy from being up WAY too late. Join my January challenge if you want; run at least one mile a day!

    ReplyDelete