8.22.2008

What? It's the Weekend Already...

This has been THE MOST insane week at home and work. Thank God I made it through! And tomorrow I have the pleasure of running 18 miles. It'll be nice because I need a break.

I have been getting in my workouts because I think that is the only thing (besides Doug-Thank You! ILY!) that is keeping me somewhat sane.

The latest on Big Bird and Mols...
Molly, somehow, was able to open up the bird cage. I'm sure she jumped up on it and pressed the button with her paw which then opened the cage. Doug came home to bird feathers everywhere and a dog that had a mongo bird trapped underneath the bar stool in our kitchen with dog slobber ALL OVER him...frothy dog slobber. How they both are alive and unhurt-I have no idea. But praise the Lord they are both okay. So I called to tell my mom the new saga and she proceeds to tell me that dog slobber can be deadly to birds. What? You have got to be freaking kidding me. Yes...it's true. So the bird gets a bath to wash off the Molly slobber and then heads to the vet today to get a shot and antibiotics for his water. I am hoping and praying he's not keeled over when we get home. The vet said he should be okay and the first 24 hours are the most critical so we'll wait and see. To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Poor bird fellow! I hope he will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, oh poor bird, bad Mols, bad girl....LOL...hope everyone is over the ruffled feather dilemma...

    ReplyDelete