7.21.2008

How Fast Things Change...

Okay...after some discussion with my Coach, I think I WILL be able to do the Psycho Night 10K Trail Run! I'm so excited. He says I should be just fine with it being a 10K and to just take it easy both days. I can do that.

And although I planned on starting back to back long runs around Septemberish why not get started now?! Back to back long runs. Why you ask? Well...I am signed up for the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge at Disney World January 10th and 11th. I've been signed up since a few days after we got back this year from the marathon (in January). After I saw several friends and fellow Alumni TNT'ers running it-I felt the force. I got sucked in. I had to do this too.

For those of you that are not familiar with this, Disney runs their half marathon and full marathon on 2 different days. So I will be running the half marathon on Saturday and on Sunday run the full marathon. Hence the name, Goofy. And since I'm such a medal whore, I'm so excited about getting a Donald Duck medal for the half marathon, a Mickey Mouse medal for the full marathon and an EXTRA Goofy medal for doing both races. Should be...a lot of work...but a ton of fun. I'm already not looking forward to getting up in the middle of the night (I think it was around 2:30 or 3:00 am) 2 days in a row to trek out to the starting line but I am up for a new challenge. Something fresh to push myself-not that doing my First 50K Trail Run sometime in November or December isn't enough!

I planned on running the Sunmart 50K in Houston on my birthday this year, but I may stay local and do a 50K around here that is planned at the end of November. As time gets closer, we'll see.

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you are running the Goofy!! The 10K race sounds like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Dance!! We'll make sure you take it easy and have fun at Psycho Night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we are kicking around the Disney run too!!

    Is the 50K you're thinking of this year??? I'm thinking 50K 2009 for this chickie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, we seem to have similiar goals. I'm thinking about the Blue Springs 50/50 in late Oct. Bad Ben told me it's a great run for your first 50K. It's a trail run, but I get the impression it's a smooth trail

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC Stine-I'm going to do Dude, Where's the Trail Nov 30th. Blue Springs 50/50 is right in between 2marathons (and well...so is DWTT)...but it fit better in my schedule. How fun!

    ReplyDelete