5.16.2008

One Wicked Weeked That Has Already Started

Today has been declared BFF Day (for you boys out there-Best Friends Forever)-at least it is in my world! Karen and I are starting the weekend off right. We are taking the day to celebrate our friendship and some girl time. We will be 'doing' lunch at Mc Coy's in Westport for the BEST mac 'n cheese ever! Mmm...it's going to be a perfect day to loiter on the patio and bask in the sun and then it's off to Christopher Elbow's for some drinking chocolate and chocolate gorging...I mean tasting. A pedicure again this year? Sounds plausible. What a great way to start the weekend!

And since it is BFF Day-be sure to let your friends know how much you love and appreciate them. They are treasures and I am lucky to have so many in my life.

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are- Unknown

SWAK Baby!


And then I'm getting the broom out! It's going to be One WICKED Weekend! Saturday night I have the sinful pleasure of seeing Wicked. The musical is about the friendships and lifes of the Witches of Oz-Glenda the Good Witch and Elphaba-the Wicked Witch of the West.

My mother came across the book years ago (way before the musical) and loved it. I read it and fell in love with it too. I'm so glad it has finally come to Kansas City so I can take her to see it. I'm hoping the musical is just as magical for us as the book. From the reviews and people I've talked who have seen it-it's going to be!


I can be a good witch...or a bad witch...depending on the day! Today, I think I'll be a good witch.

Backtracking...Wednesday and Thursday I didn't run. Last night, Doug and I decided to take Ned...I mean Molly out on the trail again to walk the loop they have bulldozed thus far. So I did do something...just not my run. So this morning, oh how beautiful it is out! The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the temperature is in the 50's right now (perfect running weather) and it's supposed to get up to 75! So I got up and ran the three miles I missed yesterday on my trial-again, not a peep on the trail. I know it has to end sometime-but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. It just starts what I know is going to be a perfect day even more perfect. There has been one downfall to the morning...as I threw on my trail shoes, Mols got all excited-hopping around and flailing in the air like a marlin. She thought she would get to go too-since now she thinks she gets to go everywhere. So...now I'm going to lace up an old pair of running shoes and take her for a W.

1 comment:

  1. Have a GREAT weekend!!

    Let us know how you enjoy Wicked..

    ReplyDelete