4.09.2008

Opening Day Ice Box

Opening Day was certainly colder then it has been in all the years I can remember. The morning started off raining and then pouring. I kept reminding Doug the game would be on t.v. and he kept pretending not to hear me. He is a true fan and has been for years. I wouldn't be able to get him to stay home for anything.

I dressed in 3 layers, a coat, hat and gloves as we headed out to meet up with the crowd. We ate lunch and then ate some more lunch and then dessert before hopping on the party bus to the game. Considering the weather, the party bus was the way to go this year as tailgating wouldn't have been great fun.

By the time we got to the stadium, it was misting heavily but by the time we found our seats it had stopped. So, no rain-just cold and windy. We sipped hot chocolate (although not Christopher Elbow's) and snuggled together to stay warm. Next cold day...remember the blanket!

I have always been a fan of the stadium. I think our field is one of the prettiest around but now...whew...that scoreboard knocks it out of the park. It is truly amazing. It is so crystal clear and so enormous it just blows me away.


Although, the weather was dark, cold and windy, we stayed for the whole game and watched the Royals win! I'm looking forward to many more wins to come! Lets Go Royals!

3 comments:

  1. hang on what you doin' complaining about the "cold" in Kansas..?

    I thought America got just about colder than anywhere else.

    Except Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to choose a better word there gledwood-I was not 'complaining' but rather 'making an observation' about the weather conditions we had yesterday. When I complain-you'll know! :)

    *I deleted the last comment...I posted with a grammatical error.

    ReplyDelete