4.14.2008

The Good Life...with Training Sprinkled In

As you can see, my focus has been on yummier things lately...traveling, the Royal's home opener, and a chocolate party among many other things. I haven't posted much about what I've been doing training-wise. That is because it has been the same 'ol same 'ol...Running and Yoga and they are both coming along just fine.

I do have to confess that I didn't run long this weekend. Doug and I decided to postpone it to this coming weekend and then Jenny mentioned that she is running the Lawrence Half Marathon on Sunday so we've decided to join her and then when we get the half completed, we'll just tack on a few extra miles. Might as well get a medal if you need to run long-right?!

So what did I do with my Saturday and Sunday if I didn't run long? Saturday morning I went to training with Doug to make sure my team (and others) got in their long run okay. Everyone seemed to do well with a few aches and pains here and there-but that is to be expected. The weather was crazy...cold, windy and snowy.

Sunday, we slept in a bit (ahhh...) and then Doug went to the YMCA and ran 8 on the dreadmill while I nestled in bed, drank my coffee and watched Sunday Morning. I love Sunday Morning. It was a nice and peaceful way to start the day.

Here's to a nicer, warmer and sunnier week of training!

3 comments:

  1. you guys are going to love the Lawrence Half - I am so excited that you are going to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Kim, its all about the Bling, if you're going to run the distance, you might as well get the medal!

    Good Luck with running the Half...I must look it up and see what you are doing...

    glad you had a nice weekend, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny says they have a spread of food from Heaven after the race. Now...that's REALLY why I'm going! Here's the link...
    http://www.sunflower.com/~srmriley/

    I can call it a 'local' race as it's only about 30 minutes from home so that makes it nice. It's supposed to be a pretty low key run. Let's hope we get some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete