7.02.2009

RNR Seattle Marathon Race Report

This is, hands down, the best RNR marathon course. I'm blaming my horrid time on the beautiful scenery. However, the stupid disposable camera took horrible pictures and does this course no justice.

Race morning we were milling around when we ran into several friends from Kansas City. Below is a picture of Doug and Randy. Everyone else musta been in the 'honey bucket' at the time.

Doug wanted to see what the day would bring him so we kissed and off he went to his corral and I to mine with Greg's wife, Michelle, who was running the half marathon. It was a beautiful morning in the low 60's and the sun shining. A great time to be standing in my corral for 45 minutes before crossing the starting line. I was already hungry and ready for a nap by the time I got there!

The scenery was beautiful. If you love the greenest trees, bluest skies and spectacular waters, this is the course for you. Oh and sprinkle in a few hills. I didn't realize Seattle was so hilly. Downtown reminded me of San Francisco. I had no idea.

Pretty much everyone on the course spotted this bald eagle. I think next year he is expected back. If he doesn't show, I think the RD will need to place a stuffed eagle in his place to appease the runners. He was a hit. Again, forgive the crappy disposable. This next picture is of me on a bridge where we ran an out and back. You could see snow covered Mt Rainier off in the distance. She is so amazing. However, again, the crappy camera didn't catch her in the background, so you just get to look at me instead!

I then ran up on Nadia. A cutie patootie that used to run with us, but now resides in Los Angeles. We chatted it up for a bit and then she went on ahead. I knew by this time, it was going to be a long day. Spectacular day. But a long day. At mile 8, I was ready for the running to be over.

I caught Doug at another out and back. Snapped a pic, a smooch, a little grief from Randy and then we were on our way again.

We finished at Questfield where I caught up with Nadia and Doug lounging about waiting for me to finish.
The better pictures come from the Post RNR Marathon. Check 'em out.

13 comments:

  1. Hey! If I'd have known you were doing it too, I'd have tried to find you! It was gorgeous wasn't it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pics! :) It does look super scenic and fun. Great job on yet ANOTHER marathon you crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the slide show pics! Great job on the marathon! Glad it was a beautiful one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, it looks like a beautiful course. Sorry you weren't feeling your best. You are a marathon machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally blame the scenery :) Sounds like you had a blast even if you weren't at the top of your game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on yet ANOTHER great race! You guys wear me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love running w/ a disposable camera to take quick pics along the way (and not be too heartbroken/mad if something happens to the camera), but sometimes the quality is a big letdown. these pics still look pretty good to me! the scenery is an excellent excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great course, but don't know about it being the best "RNR Course" as the new "RNR Las Vegas Marathon course is going to be fantastic...the half marathon miles will ALL be on he famous Strip! Almost 11 miles of the marathon will be on the Strip and the course no longer runs along the destitute North Las Vegas area, Hacienda Avenue is a prettier area than the old Carey route.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vegas-Yes, I'm looking forward to RNR Vegas. Should be a great time. I did say Seattle was the best RNR marathon course because right now it is. Come December, that very well may be a different story. I'm excited to see. Should be good times! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it wasn't the best day ever, but beautiful and you did it!! Hopefully a little recovery and downtime at home will make the next fabu!!

    I need to get registered for el Vegas. any discount codes you know of out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you loved Seattle! It's a fantastic city!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great race report. You are a marathon crazy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yayyyy another marathon down! you are so awesome! I am dying to go to seattle... might have to give this one a go one of these years :)

    ReplyDelete