5.14.2009

Green Bay...Here We Come!



Whew...three marathons in a month's time. Our Molly sitter is going to be more exhausted than we are after this is over.

We seem to be picking popular events this year. Goofy sold out, Lincoln sold out and now Green Bay is 90% sold out and very well could be 100% by Sunday. We're also signed up for RNR Seattle in June, which is already sold out. What is causing this? Are race directors capping the field more conservatively or are there more people running marathons? Hmm...maybe both.

I'm excited about running Green Bay as I hear it's a great marathon and we get to run through Lambeau Field for part of our last mile of the marathon. It will certainly be a first for me running through a NFL football stadium. Running certainly can have its perks. I mean how many people do you know get to run through football stadiums and places such as Churchill Downs? Now that was an amazing experience. Another fabulous perk I love about running is being able to travel to so many great places. It's fun to experience the local flavor of different cities. In Green Bay I think it's going to be some local breweries and certainly some cheese and cheese curds. Mmm...

Now it's time to get packed, take Osana for a spin on this gorgeous day and then rest and relax for a great trip to come!

Update: Still not packed...took Osana for 10+miles. That felt way too easy. Once we get back from Green Bay I may need to up my miles, I just didn't want to overdue it with a race this weekend. Now thinking about having a picnic in the backyard with a book I need to finish.

Update II: Finished my book outside on a blanket with my picnic. Cried because of it. Got a tad too pink. Still haven't packed.

9 comments:

  1. I think people are hearing that you are going to be at a race and so they are signing up in droves to be around you guys! Good luck and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sure that cynical is right, they are totally selling out because of you. race directors should really be paying you to come, not the other way around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend! Green Bay is the home of the cheese heads, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and have fun you running maniac! You are just too popular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANOTHER one!!! you are awesome :) have fun and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CMB-I'm certain these marathons are selling out due to our presence. LOL! I'm mean, what else could it be?
    Abby-Yep, home to the cheese heads. Maybe I can get Doug to run the marathon with cheese on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to reading about it. Hope you and Doug have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol go pack silly. safe travels and have a great time! you are crazy for running so many, but it is way cool and i admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Running on the frozen tundra will be cool. Three marathons in a month, not-so cool. Be careful and have fun.

    ReplyDelete