8.06.2008

Friday Night Fun


Friday night Doug and I are running the Psycho Night 10K Trail Run with the Trail Nerds. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't gotten nearly enough trail running in this year.

Running at night is a blast. At first, it's a little strange as your eyes have to get used to the dark, but once your eyes adjust, you hardly notice it-especially when you have a head lamp.

Here is a special note from our Race Director, Bad Ben Holmes. He's a riot:
All runners will carry their own flashlight or head lamp. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. This is for your own safety, and the safety of the ground and trees in the park, that you will smack (hard), without proper vision.

This weekend should provide a bit of a challenge for me because as I said before, I haven't gotten many trail runs in this year so I think it's going to kick my arse-even at a 10K. Then with the fact that the race is Friday night at 8ish...it means we won't be back home til after 10 I'm sure. And then getting up early Saturday morning for a 6 am start to run 16 should be interesting.

KC Stine...Cynical Mud Babe...will you be out there?

8 comments:

  1. You crack me up...take pictures!

    Oh, that would be a hoot if KC was there....

    Have a blast and don't hook a tree root!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, and good luck with your run, I look forward to the report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like one of those,...'seemed like a good idea at the time.' moments. Well it should make for an interesting Saturday. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - I would love to do this run, I've never tried night running, but we're going to Chicago this weekend to see my daughter. We're going to do a half marathon together. I hope to do the Clinton Lake run in Sept for my next trail run.

    Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC Stine-Have a great weekend in Chicago running your half marathon! We'll catch up with each other SOMETIME!

    We're going to need to do a homemade beer/wine swap one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I'm so looking forward to meeting you in real life Kim!! With any luck we won't meet by crashing blindly into each other. (I bought a new headlamp just for this!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CMB-Yes...let's meet some other way than by crashing into each other. It'll be nice to meet you. See you tomrrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds crazy but fun, in an extreme-sports-hope-i-don't-die kind of way. Clearly, you are more coordinated than I! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete