7.12.2008

Running Ramblings and Random Ruminations

  • Kidney Stones hurt! But getting out and walking 2.5 miles the day after it passes feels good.
  • Running in the rain is fun-even 12 miles worth. It was a nice welcome after the heat and humidity.
  • Kym (my friend-not my alter ego) has some crazy ass hair on Saturday morning runs. She makes me laugh and I can cuss every word in the book and she's okay with it. She's a good running buddy. She pushes me. Thanks Kym!
  • Homework sucks, but projects suck even more.
  • Doug is the hardest working home improvment man around. The house looks great! Thanks Babe. I LOVE YOU!
  • 4 AM is WAY too early to get up on a Saturday morning.
  • Chipolte tastes awesome after a long run.
  • I kicked ass running hills on our Saturday morning run. A switch just flipped on this morning and I was able to power up those babies. I owe it all to Weight Training Class.
  • To make a long story short, Doug and I went to find a girl from run group that ran a different route than the rest of us. As we pulled into the park she was talking about how thirsty she was. Doug and I had a couple bottles of Powerade in the truck so Doug offered her some if she wanted to come get it-as it was POURING out. She declined. And this is what she had to say, "I can't really do that as I had to take off my shorts cuz they were soaked (from the rain), so I don't have any pants on at all". Doug asked her several more times if she wanted to come and get the Powerade. What a goof! Both of them! She was going to drive around half naked! Doug and I soooo cracked up! Whatever works!
  • Today we received an information packet on our Greece trip. Let the planning begin. Okay...I'll wait a few more months.
  • The peaches in the backyard are almost ready to be picked. We've had one already and it was so juicy and had such the peach flavor I can't wait for more.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your kidney stones, hope you are feeling better. Good for you for running in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the 4 AM thing. We had a group run on Saturday and it was a 4:30 AM wake up call for me. Arghhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owwww, a kidney stone, girl that is NOT good! Hope you are feeling better!

    Sounds as though I'd get along with Kym, what a riot to be able to run with someone like her!

    Hey, handyman Doug, you got an older brother ??? Just asking !!! LMAO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty darn badass to be out running and walking the day after.. yowza girl! Yay for weight training and making those hills easy.. I just started lifting a few weeks ago and can already feel the difference.

    ReplyDelete